What We Do:
The Alabama Coalition for Immigrant Justice is a grassroots, statewide network of individuals and organizations that works to advance and defend the rights of immigrants in Alabama. Our coalition consists of six non-profit organizations, 14 grassroots immigrant community organizations, and hundreds of individual members.
Our coalition is leading our state to a more equitable and just multi-ethnic, multi-lingual future – building a better Alabama for everyone, from the ground up.
We seek to do this in the following ways:
- Developing grassroots immigrant leadership;
- Building transformative alliances with African American communities, people of faith, LGBTQ movements, and organized labor;
- Organizing for comprehensive immigration reform and stopping family separation through deportation;
- Encouraging civic participation and voter engagement;
- Transforming Alabama county by county – building alliances and accountability with elected officials, police, service providers and business.
- Utilizing strategic communications;
- Advocating for just policies on local, state, and national levels.